Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

26.09.2018 09:18
DENVER -- Pitching well since coming back last month from reconstructive surgery on his right elbow, Gavin Floyd cemented his re Antworten

DENVER -- Pitching well since coming back last month from reconstructive surgery on his right elbow, Gavin Floyd cemented his return with the only missing element -- a win. Lorenzo Alexander Jersey . Floyd pitched effectively into the seventh inning for his first win in more than two years, leading the Atlanta Braves past the Colorado Rockies 3-1 on Monday night. "Even though Ive felt good and felt like Ive been pitching really well, its nice to get that first one," said Floyd (1-2), who allowed only one earned run for the third time in his seven starts. "I felt like I mixed up all my pitches and kept them off balance." He even threw manager Fredi Gonzalez for a loop when he asked him for the lineup card after the game as a keepsake. Gonzalez said he didnt realize at first that it was his first win as a Brave and his first since undergoing Tommy John surgery. "I thought he was 3-0, 4-0, thats how well hes pitched," Gonzalez said. "But its his first win in two years. Good for him. It was a great outing." Floyd, who was limited to five starts last season while with the Chicago White Sox because of the elbow injury, allowed one run and three hits in 6 2-3 innings in picking up his first victory since beating Cleveland on Oct. 3, 2012. Signed by Atlanta as a free agent last December, Floyd snapped a career-long six-game losing streaking dating to April 2013. "Just for a keepsake," Floyd said of his request for the lineup card, which Gonzalez honoured. "Its a new chapter with this team and its exciting to me, the first win coming back from Tommy John. Im just thankful and hopefully get on a roll." Chris Johnson had three hits, including two RBI singles, to help the Braves beat the Rockies for the 15th time in 18 games since 2012. Evan Gattis had an RBI groundout and singled to extend his hitting streak to a career-best 10 games. "Its nice to get back and get in that big part of the field and stay up the middle and have my bat be short to the ball," Johnson said. "It was good to give Gavin that cushion because thats all he needed." Craig Kimbrel got three outs for his 17th save in 20 chances. Christian Bergman, called up earlier Monday from Triple-A Colorado Springs to fill in for the injured Jordan Lyles (broken left hand), allowed two runs and five hits in six innings in his major league debut. Originally a 24th-round draft pick out of the University of California Irvine in 2010, Bergman (0-1) struck out four and walked two in a solid outing that included singling in the third for his first major league hit. "Overall, it went pretty well," Bergman said. "The first two innings, the nerves were there. I was able to overcome that and settle in the last two innings. The only thing that would have made it better is if we came out with a win." The Braves got to him for their first two runs in the fourth with B.J. Upton beating out a slow roller toward third base leading off the inning for Atlantas first hit. Upton stole second, and after Freddie Freeman walked, went to third on a deep flyout by Justin Upton before scoring on Gattis grounder. Johnson followed with an RBI single to centre. Corey Dickerson homered off Floyd leading off the seventh. Floyd retired the next two batters but walked D.J. LeMahieu and was relieved by Luis Avilan. Pinch-hitter Brandon Barnes doubled but LeMahieu was stranded at third when Avilan induced an inning-ending groundout by Charlie Blackmon. The Braves got a run back in the eighth on Johnsons second run-scoring single. Before the game, the Rockies placed Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list with a shoulder fracture. He was injured diving for a ground ball at third base last Thursday against Arizona. Cuddyer said after the game doctors told him the injury could take six weeks to heal. "It was pretty painful the past few days," Cuddyer said. "Finishing that game (Thursday) was extremely painful and now we know why." NOTES: Braves RHP Jordan Walden, placed on the 15-day DL May 10 because of a strained left hamstring, pitched a scoreless inning Sunday for Triple-A Gwinnett in his second rehab outing. ... The Braves play 19 of their 28 games in June on the road. ... Braves LHP Mike Minor (2-4) opposes RHP Juan Nicasio (5-4) in the second of the four-game series between the teams on Tuesday. ... The Rockies have not yet announced a replacement for RHP Eddie Butler, who was scratched from Wednesdays scheduled start after going on the 15-day DL with rotator cuff inflammation. ... Bergman was the fourth Rockies pitcher to make his major league debut this season. The others were Butler, Chris Martin and Tommy Kahnle. Bruce Smith Jersey . Players suspended during the season for a performance-enhancing drug violation will not be eligible for that years post-season. In addition, discipline will increase from 50 games to 80 for a first testing violation and from 100 games to a season-long 162 for a second. A third violation remains a lifetime ban. Russell Bodine Jersey .com) - Semyon Varlamov more than earned his third shutout of the season as he made a career-high 54 saves to lift the Colorado Avalanche to a 2-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday. http://www.thebillsgearshop.com/Bills-John-Miller-Draft-Jersey/ .com) - Will Conant booted a 39-yard field goal as time expired and Air Force played spoiler with a 27-24 win over 21st- ranked Colorado State on Friday. CEDAR PARK, Texas -- After allowing five goals in Game 1 of the American Hockey League final, Michael Hutchinson went back to the hotel Monday night and did his homework to prepare for Game 2 against the Texas Stars on Tuesday. That preparation was even more crucial as the Stars fired 50 shots against the goaltender, but Hutchinson stopped 49 of them in a 2-1 victory to even up the Calder Cup final at a game apiece as it heads back to St. Johns for Games 3 through 5. "We went over all their scoring chances and all my touches, and kind of got to see myself from a different angle," said Hutchinson. "I think that really helped me coming into the game tonight, knowing what to expect and I was more prepared." It was one of the best individual performances IceCaps coach Keith McCambridge had seen in more than two decades as a player and coach. "Without a doubt its up there in the top three with a lot of good goaltenders over the years," said McCambridge. "Hes really in a zone right now. Hes really focused on making sure we got that split on the road." Hutchinson made his biggest stops a minute apart in the third period while clinging to a 2-1 lead. With 13:05 remaining Kevin Henderson had a point-blank chance in the slot on a rebound, but Hutchinson sprawled to his right for what McCambridge called his best save of the night. "That was the obviously the key moment in the game for us," said McCambridge. A minute later Hutchinson made another spectacular stop, thiis time diving back to the left post with the blocker as Brendan Ranford attempted a wrap-around into an gaping net. Jordan Mills Jersey. "I kind of just got into scramble mode," said Hutchinson. "I was fortunate I could reach far enough. For all those times you end up reaching just a little too short, I was fortunate I got my glove out there and able to get a piece of it." Hutchinsons lone mistake came 29 seconds into the second period when Ranford had tied the game at 1-1 for Texas. But 44 seconds later the IceCaps fourth line reinstated the lead. Blair Riley was left wide open in front of the net and easily beat Cristopher Nilstorp with a one-timed shot off a pass from Kyle MacKinnon. Earlier St. Johns scored on its first scoring chance 4:05 into the game. Eric ODell took a wrist shot that trickled between Nilstorps legs. Kael Mouillierat easily tapped the puck home, making sure it crossed the line to give St. Johns a 1-0 lead. Even with all the shots he faced, Hutchinson didnt have to make any stops on the power play. For the first time in 94 combined regular season and playoff games, the IceCaps didnt face an opposition penalty kill. St. Johns did commit a penalty-- a roughing minor against Jordan Hill-- but it was cancelled out by a matching minor against Stars defenceman Jamie Oleksiak. Nilstorp stopped 33 of 35 shots for Texas, and made several key stops in the second and third period to keep his team in the game. Game 3 is Wednesday at the Mile One Centre in St. Johns. Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz