Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

26.09.2018 09:18
VANCOUVER -- If the Calgary Flames were looking to provoke Vancouver head coach John Tortorella into losing his cool again, this Antworten

VANCOUVER -- If the Calgary Flames were looking to provoke Vancouver head coach John Tortorella into losing his cool again, this time he wasnt taking the bait. Alex Smith Jersey . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. It was the first meeting between the teams since a fierce line brawl broke out two seconds into a game on Jan. 18 that saw 150 penalty minutes assessed. Tortorella had a meltdown that night and went after Flames head coach Bob Hartley by storming Calgarys locker-room during intermission. Tortorella, furious at Hartley for icing his fourth line to start the game, served a 15-day suspension and the struggling Canucks have been in free fall ever since. Hartley started tough guy Brian McGrattan again on Saturday night, but this time the gloves stayed mostly on. "We didnt even talk about it in our locker room," Tortorella said of Hartleys starting line. "We needed to play. We have to scratch, claw and grind and find pints anyway possible." Darren Archibald also scored for the struggling Canucks, who snapped a four game slide and came into Saturday as losers of 11 of their last 12 games, including Thursdays dispiriting 6-1 drubbing in Texas that defenceman Kevin Bieksa called "rock bottom" for the team. McGrattan had the only goal for Calgary, which had won its last two and three of its last five games. The teams played nice until six minutes into the game when Vancouvers Bieksa got the better of Calgarys Mark Giordano with a mean right hand after the two dropped gloves. Giordano headed to the dressing room after, but returned later in the period. "I could tell that Gio was good," said Hartley. "It was just a gash that needed to be fixed." The Canucks had their chances early, including a 2-on-1 against Flames goalie Joni Ortio, but David Booth fired the puck wide to keep his goal drought in tact. Booth hasnt scored since Dec. 17. The absence of Canucks stalwart goalie Roberto Luongo -- traded on Tuesday to Florida -- was sharply felt at 2:13 of the second when a harmless looking slap shot by McGrattan near centre ice somehow eluded new No. 1 Eddie Lack. The crowd groaned and Tortorella shook his head in disbelief. "I just wanted to throw one on net. I was at the end of my shift and fortunately it went in," said McGrattan. "It was a muck and grind game. A lot of sloppy plays at both ends; the puck was bouncing everywhere. Those are good tests to see what youre made of." Lack says he didnt let the bad goal take him mentally out of the game. "I am just telling myself to get going again, and try to focus on the next save," he said. "And the guys got a goal really quick and that took the pressure off." Vancouver evened the game three minutes later with a goal almost as ugly. With three Canucks crowding Ortio in the crease, Archibald whacked in the puck for his first career NHL goal. It breathed some life into the Rogers Arena, which didnt have much to cheer with only eight Vancouver shots compared to the Flames 14 through two periods. "Its never a bad play to stuff it and crash the net and get a greasy one," said Archibald. "Thats part of my game -- win battles down low -- and I kind of won a battle and stuffed it from behind the net and pitchforked it in." Action picked up in the third as Canuck Ryan Kesler was stopped by Ortio on a point-blank shot in the slot, while at the other end, Lance Bouma missed on a wide-open net with Lack way out of position. Bouma has seen increased playing time lately as Hartley grows more confident in young winger. "Im gaining confidence every game," said Bouma. "The coach is putting a lot of trust in me and playing me in key situations. Im just trying to learn as much as I can, and I feel like its been going pretty well." Weber scored the go-ahead goal five minutes into the third when he banged home a rebound off a shot from new teammate Shawn Matthias, who came to Vancouver from the Panthers in the Luongo trade. "Maybe it wasnt the prettiest goals, but thats how we have to get out of our slump," said Weber. "We played a gritty game, and got some ugly goals and thats the way we have to play." Calgary had a chance to tie the game with two power-play chances thanks to Vancouvers Chris Higgins in the final five minutes, but the Flames couldnt capitalize. Higgins had three straight penalties in the third period. Despite Vancouvers recent hard times, the team is still only four points out of a playoff spot after Dallass 4-3 win against Minnesota on Saturday. Calgary (25-32-7) remains second last in the Pacific Division. Lack finished with 22 saves, while Ortio stopped 12 at the other end for Calgary. The Canucks (29-27-10) eclipsed their season-low of 20 shots. Notes: Saturday night marked the 10-year anniversary of former-Canuck Todd Bertuzzis on-ice attack on Steve Moore. The former Avalanche forward, who never played again in the NHL, filed a $38-million dollar lawsuit against Bertuzzi and the Canucks. A trial date has been set for Sept. 8. ... Canucks forward Zack Kassian served the first game of his three-game suspension after boarding Stars defenceman Brenden Dillon on Thursday. ... Attendance was 18,910. Alex Smith Redskins Jersey . Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship. Geron Christian Jersey .C. United on Saturday night and boost the Unions playoff hopes. Nick DeLeon scored in the 36th minute for United (3-23-6), which had ample opportunities to build on its lead but went its 10th straight match without a victory. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/ . The result was a game-winning, power-play goal. Chiasson snapped a third-period tie and lifted the Dallas Stars to a 3-2 victory on Monday night. MIAMI -- New Miami Dolphins offensive co-ordinator Bill Lazor says he can help head coach Joe Philbin win games and some job security. Lazor said he accepted the job Wednesday because of Philbin, even though his new boss status is shaky after two so-so seasons. "Right now my future and his future are together," Lazor said. "Im in it with him. I choose to compete and make an impact and to be a difference-maker, and thats why Im here." Lazor was hired Wednesday by Philbin after one season as quarterbacks coach with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he helped develop second-year pro Nick Foles into the NFLs top-rated passer. The Dolphins also had a second-year quarterback in Ryan Tannehill. Foles threw 27 touchdown passes and two interceptions, while Tannehill threw 24 and 17. Lazor said he studied Tannehill on video before accepting the job. "Im really excited to work with him," Lazor said. "I see a lot of ability." The Dolphins ranked 27th in the NFL in yards, finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year. The Eagles ranked second in total yards and offensive points, went 10-6 and won the NFC East. "A lot of the things that led to that are going to have a great impact in what I believe works going forward," Lazor said. Lazor was offensive co-ordinator at the University of Virginia from 2010 to 2012, and he has also worked for the Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks and Atlanta Falcons. He replaces Mike Sherman, who was fired last week after two seasons with Miami and was Tannehills head coach at Texas A&M. The Dolphins are also searching for a general manager to replace Jeff Ireland, who departed last week after six seasons. On Wednesday they announced the completion of an interview with Brian Xanders, senior personnel executive with the Detroit Lions. Five candidates interviewed earlier. Considered along with Lazor for the offensive co-ordinator job were Greeen Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo, who was hired Tuesday as offensive co-ordinator of the New York Giants, and former Washington Redskins offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahan. Custom Washington Redskins Jerseys. Lazor said he and Philbin hit it off during the interview process. They had known each other casually for years. "Bill is an accomplished coach and will be a great addition to our coaching staff," Philbin said in a statement. "Bill has been instrumental in helping players reach their full potential, as players and people, at both the college and professional level. He also has a proven track record of success working with a wide variety of offences." In addition to the Eagles Chip Kelly, Lazor has coached under Dan Reeves, Joe Gibbs and Mike Holmgren. "The No. 1 thing that was common was that they had a vision of how offensive football should look," Lazor said. "Every day we went out to practice, they made sure what they saw on the field was heading toward that vision. Its the job of the coaches to keep pushing in that direction." Lazor was noncommittal regarding other possible changes in Philbins offensive staff. "He and I have not had all of our conversations about the structure of the staff," Lazor said. "Thats something that will be handled going forward." Some sort of shakeup was inevitable after the Dolphins scored once in their final 24 possessions while losing their final two games to blow a potential playoff berth. Miami allowed a franchise-record 58 sacks, and off-season upgrades will focus on an offensive line depleted by the teams midseason bullying scandal. The Dolphins might be in the market for a running back, too. Lamar Miller scored two touchdowns, the lowest total for a player leading the Dolphins in rushing since 1980. Miami threw the ball 65 per cent of the time, third-highest in the NFL. The Eagles threw it 53 per cent of the time, sixth-lowest. Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz