Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
panxing18 Offline

28.09.2018 03:15
playoffs for Antworten

The Columbus Blue Jackets re-signed forward Boone Jenner to a four-year Ivan Provorov Jersey , $15 million contract, locking up a player who has been a stalwart presence in the team’s emergence as a playoff contender.

The Blue Jackets announced the deal on Thursday. The contract pays the 25-year-old Jenner $3.75 million annually through the 2021-22 season, according to a person with direct knowledge of the contract who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Blue Jackets didn’t reveal the value of the deal.

Jenner was a restricted free agent who made $2.9 million in 2017-18, a season in which he missed all of training camp and the first seven games of the season with a back injury.

Although his numbers have fallen off since he scored 30 goals in 2015-16, Jenner was an alternate captain and key contributor down the stretch last season, which ended in a first-round playoff loss to the eventual Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals.

The native of Dorchester, Ontario, said he was happy to get the four-year deal after starting his NHL career with the Blue Jackets. He’ll likely be the left wing on the second or third line.

”Being there for five years, I knew that’s where I wanted to be, especially with the team we’ve got and the way things are going and what we’re building,” he said. ”It’s something I’ve been a part of and want to continue to be a part of.”

He ended last season with 13 goals and tied his career high with 19 assists. He piled up 12 points in March and logged a goal and two assists in six playoff games.

”I think once things kind of settled down later toward the end of the year, I think I found my stride Jake Dotchin Jersey , and I was obviously happy with my play down the stretch,” he said.

Jenner, a second-round draft pick by Columbus in 2011, has 86 goals and 75 assists in 342 NHL games. His best season was 2015-16, when he scored 30 goals and had 19 assists.

”Boone Jenner has been an important player for the Columbus Blue Jackets with his work ethic, character and leadership on and off the ice,” general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. ”He is still a young player that is improving in all facets of the game, and we couldn’t be happier that he will continue to be a key contributor to our team in the years to come.”

AP Hockey Writer John Wawrow contributed to this report.

Free agent defensive tackle Beau Allen is eager to make a difference for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The former Philadelphia run-stopper signed a three-year, $15 million contract Thursday and has no qualms about leaving the reigning NFL champion Eagles to join a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade.

Allen said he's excited about the challenge of doing his part to help the Bucs get better.

"We won the Super Bowl in Philadelphia, but it wasn't all roses before that. We had tough seasons, too," the fifth-year pro said.

"I'm not afraid of work at all TJ Brodie Jersey ," Allen added. "That's why I'm here."

The 26-year-old tackle comes to the Bucs after spending the first four seasons of his career as part of a strong interior rotation with the Eagles, who led the league in rushing defense in 2017, limiting opponents to 79.2 yards per game on the ground.

The Bucs, by comparison, ranked 23rd against the run, allowing 117.5 yards per game.

"Stopping the run is a huge part of the game, and that's one thing we did really well in Philadelphia last year," Allen said.

"We were the No. 1 run defense and I think, to toot my own horn a little bit, I was a big part of that," he added. "We had a lot of good defensive lineman, a lot of good defensive players ... so that went into it as well."

With Tampa Bay Jake Muzzin Jersey , the 6-foot-3, 327-pound Allen fills a need for interior help created by the release of underperforming tackle Chris Baker and loss of veteran Clinton McDonald, who became an unrestricted free agent.

Allen, who is excited about playing alongside six-time Pro Bowl tackle Gerald McCoy, entered the NFL as a seventh-round draft pick of the Eagles in 2014. He appeared in 63 games, with eight starts, and had two sacks and 10 tackles for losses over the past four seasons.

"I pride myself on playing a pretty specific brand of football that did well for me in Philadelphia," he said. "I consider myself a tough, dependable, consistent guy. I think that's one thing (Tampa Bay) liked about me, and that's one thing that's not going to change."

The Bucs went 5-11 last season, missing the playoffs for the 10th consecutive season.

The Eagles won their first Super Bowl title Danton Heinen Jersey Kids , however Allen hasn't forgotten what it took to get there.

"Don't get me wrong, winning isn't easy in the NFL at all. It takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears, a lot of effort and a lot of dirty work that a lot of people don't really realize," Allen said.

"I'm excited to be in a place that when you go through those tough times and you work and then you get the rewards in the success of winning, it makes it that much better," he added. "I'm not afraid of that. ... I'm really excited about the opportunity and the challenge."
San Francisco 49ers Customized Jerseys

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz