Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

06.10.2018 09:05
NEW YORK -- Redskins coach Mike Shanahan spoke Monday with the NFLs director of officiating after the league said Sunday nights Antworten

NEW YORK -- Redskins coach Mike Shanahan spoke Monday with the NFLs director of officiating after the league said Sunday nights crew made an error on Washingtons final drive. Stitched Duke Jerseys . The league said officials should have stopped play and eliminated confusion about the down and distance at the end of the Giants 24-17 victory at Washington. "I talked to Dean earlier today, he gave me a call and just went over the scenario," Shanahan said, referring to Dean Blandino, who oversees NFL officiating. "Obviously they made a mistake and you live with it." With New York leading by seven points just after the two-minute warning, a catch by the Redskins Pierre Garcon on second-and-5 was spotted short of a first down at the Washington 45. Referee Jeff Triplette signalled third down. But the head linesman, with the Redskins in a hurry-up offence, incorrectly motioned for the crew to advance the chains, which caused the down boxes to read first down. "In this situation where there is obvious confusion as to the status of the down, that play should have been stopped prior to third down and the correct down communicated to both clubs," Blandino said Monday in a statement. "This should have occurred regardless of the fact that Washington had no timeouts and it was inside two minutes." Only the referee can rule and signal a first down. The official nearest to the down markers and chain crew, the head linesman, is required to wait for that first-down signal from the referee before moving the chains. That did not happen at FedEx Field. After Washingtons incomplete pass on the next play -- which many Redskins believed was on first down -- the chains were moved back and the down boxes correctly reset to fourth down. Blandino said instant replay review was not used on Garcons catch because the replay official determined the ball was "correctly spotted short of the line to gain for a first down." Shanahan was asked if he would be in favour of scrapping the chains and using laser technology to help spot the ball. "You talk about it at the owners meeting, kind of go through the variables, exactly how accurate it is and how it would be implemented," he said. "I think theres a lot of technology that you could possibly use, but before you do that you go through all the situations and find out if its effective and how effective." Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III said the confusion affected the play calling. "The chain said first down, and then when we came back, we think its second-and-10, and theyre yelling out its fourth down," Griffin said. "No explanation. No measurement. Didnt stop the clock to allow the chains to move back. And we just had to go ahead and call the play." Griffin did complete a 6-yard pass to Garcon on fourth-and-1, but safety Will Hill stripped the ball. The Giants then ran out the clock. "I told him I wanted a measurement because I knew it was close," Shanahan said, not specifying which official he was referring to. "It was inches. And he said, No, its a first down. And he moved the chains. And then after I saw it was fourth down, I asked him, You already told me it was first down. He didnt say anything. So that was quite disappointing." Speaking to a pool reporter Sunday night, Triplette said: "We signalled third down on the field. The stakes were moved incorrectly. After that play, we said it was still third down. We had signalled third down prior to the play starting. The stakes just got moved incorrectly." Triplette defended not stopping play, saying it would have given an "unfair advantage." But Blandino said Monday that was the wrong decision. Giants defensive end Justin Tuck, who played every snap, said he was aware it was not a first down. "I remember turning to the referee and saying, Thats not a first down, " Tuck said Monday. " Obviously, theyre hurrying up, you dont really have time to argue it. "I think at the end of the day, it was actually the right call. It might not have come across in the right manner, but I think it was the right call. And when the ball is getting snapped that fast, its very tough for a referee to get all of these calls right." Bobby Hurley College Jersey . Cammalleri suffered a concussion in the Flames 2-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday. The 31-year-old forward did not travel with the team to Carolina. Jayson Tatum College Jersey . Bozak and Clarkson suffered the injuries in pre-training camp workouts, according to Carlyle, who said they made "small amounts of improvement" from Friday to Saturday. After the players were deemed less than 100 per cent by doctors after Thursdays medical testing, the Leafs held them out of on-ice testing and are being cautious. http://www.cheapdukebluedevilsjerseys.com/ . Starters, when they struggle, have to live with it for five days. For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar, two of the three men who authored one of the ugliest pitched innings in Blue Jays franchise history on Thursday night, the bounce-back chance came right away.DENVER -- Nicolas Batum got hot early, Wesley Matthews hit a critical shot when Denver was making a late charge and LaMarcus Aldridge added the finishing touches. Thats simply the way the Portland Trail Blazers plan to roll this season, a different player stepping up when hes called. Aldridge scored nine of his 25 points late in the fourth quarter to help the Blazers hold off Denver 113-98 on Friday night, spoiling the home debut of Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and snapping their 23-game regular-season home winning streak. "Top to bottom, solid win for us," Blazers coach Terry Stotts said. Batum was the go-to scorer early, getting all 21 of his points in the first half. Then, Matthews came to the rescue as the Blazers saw a 26-point lead late in the third quarter shrink to 101-94 with 4:57 remaining. Matthews hit a 3-pointer late to give the Blazers some breathing room. And that set the stage for Aldridge, who closed out the victory by hitting jumper after jumper over a steady rotation of Denver defenders. "Its good to have a guy like that who can make those plays and guys can play off of him," said Stotts, whose team got back on track after a season-opening loss in Phoenix. "The way we kept our composure when they made their run is something we should be proud of." That wasnt quiet the case for the Nuggets as they suffered a rare home loss. Although they made a late run, Shaw still called his squads early effort "lacklustre." "Our team looked very tired, just to be honest with you, from the jump," Shaw said. "They just looked winded. They looked like they were the team that played in altitude and we were the team that was coming in on the second night of a back-to-back." Reserve Nate Robinson scored 24 points for Denver, while Ty Lawson added 21. "Came out a little flat in the first half," Robinson said. "We kept the crowd involved by trying to get energy from them." Last season, the Nuggets constantly fed off the crowd noise and were nearly unbeatable at home. The last regular-season loss for Denver was on Jan. 18, against Washington. The team then reeled off 23 straight wins to finish a league-best 38-3 at home. Denver fell at home to Golden State in a first-rounnd playoff game. Grant Hill College Jersey. "We just didnt come out and play," Lawson said. So far, the Nuggets have been slow to grasp the new system of Shaw, who was hired after George Karl was fired following a season in which the team had a franchise-record 57 wins. Shaw said it might take some time for the Nuggets to fully adopt his style, which features more of a half-court offence rather than an up-tempo pace Lawson and the Nuggets grew accustomed to under Karl. "We knew this was going to be a process," Shaw said. "The way were playing I dont think is the problem. Tonight, defence was the problem." Hard to argue. The Nuggets gave up 64 points in the first half and allowed the Blazers to shoot 14 of 22 from beyond the 3-point line. "We didnt play defence and it was just too big of a hole to come back from," Lawson said. Batum scored the Blazers first 10 points of the game. Aldridge got into the act when he hit a jumper midway through the first quarter. The 6-foot-8 Batum stayed hot the rest of the half, scoring 21 points -- including five 3-pointers -- to help the Blazers take a 64-50 lead. "I have to find a balance for creating everybody else and creating my own shot," he said. "Tonight, I tried to score first." The Nuggets have been experimenting at small forward with Wilson Chandler sidelined by a strained left hamstring and Danilo Gallinari out until at least December as he recovers from a torn ACL. Denver has tried Anthony Randolph and even Evan Fournier, whos more of a guard, at the spot. "Just trying to find the right mix," Shaw explained. "I dont think everybody is settled into when exactly theyre going to be coming into the game. It will be that way until we get everybody back in the fold." NOTES: The Blazers open at home on Saturday against the San Antonio Spurs. Portland has won its last four home openers. ... Matthews finished with 12 rebounds. ... Portland snapped a nine-game slide against Denver at Pepsi Center. ... Shaw said before the game theres no timetable for Chandlers return. ... Nuggets mascot "Rocky" got the wind knocked out of him while performing a pregame stunt. ... Nuggets F Kenneth Faried had 11 points and 11 rebounds. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz