Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

31.10.2018 07:41
like weve made strides Antworten

Ahead of her professional mixed martial arts debut in 2007, Canadian Alexis Davis never could have imagined how far fighting would take her. Ryan Ramczyk Jersey . Like many womens MMA pioneers, the Port Colborne, Ont. native didnt think she would get rich by slapping on a pair of four-ounce gloves. She simply wanted to test her skills against a tough opponent. Though her first outing saw her suffer a TKO loss to former Strikeforce champ and current UFC womens bantamweight Sarah Kaufman, Davis fell in love with the thrill of competition. She also knew she had what it took to be a champion. "I remember my first goal," Davis recalled recently. "I was like, Okay, I just want to get a belt. Then I got my first belt — I won a belt in amateur Muay Thai, I got my first jiu jitsu belt and I had my Raging Wolf (womens flyweight) belt. "Now the next step is to get that UFC belt." Following more than seven years competing against the best women fighters in the world — and amassing an impressive 16-5 record, which includes a 3-0 run since joining the UFC — Davis is now set to challenge UFC womens bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas July 5. As she prepares for the biggest fight of her life, Davis admitted she is still in awe of her journey to the spotlight. "Its been almost surreal for me," Davis said. "Obviously, I just started out like most people — I just kind of did it for fun. I never thought Id be living in California and be fighting for a UFC title. I just enjoyed it so much that I wanted to keep doing it. "Its crazy because Im a girl from a small town in Ontario, Canada and now I have all these huge opportunities. The world has kind of opened to me. I feel like Im almost in a dream world. Im just grateful for how far Ive come in life and the experiences Im able to have." Though Davis can fondly reminisce about her long road to the top, shes hardly standing around enjoying the view. Not only would a victory over Rousey mean bigger paydays, it would also allow her to join the ranks of Carlos Newton and Georges St-Pierre as the sole Canadian UFC champions. Davis said she aims to etch her name in the history books alongside the former welterweight titleholders. "(I was) the first Canadian woman to be signed with the UFC and now the first to fight for a title," Davis said. "The next step is to hopefully be the first one to bring that belt back home. "Times really flying. To have this opportunity in that short amount of time — and even to just be able to fight for a belt — it doesnt happen too often. I know the division is kind of small, but every single day its growing. Im just trying to live in the moment. This is my moment in time." Of course in order to get the job done, Davis has to become the first fighter to solve the riddle of Rousey. A 2008 Olympic judo bronze medalist and undefeated in MMA, Rousey has looked as unbeatable as any champion on the UFC roster. Early in her career you could pretty much set your watch to her winning via first-round armbar. However, in her last trip to the octagon four months ago, Rousey displayed a new edge to her game by dispatching Sara McMann with a vicious knee to the liver. Davis admitted she isnt completely sure what to expect from Rousey, but said she is ready for wherever the fight may take her. "Rondas progressed as a fighter," Davis said. "Now, I have to deal with a different side of her, too. Shes been working a lot on her standup, which we saw in her last fight with her hands, her footwork and her knees. So Im not quite sure what kind of style were going to see Ronda come out with. You kind of have to be prepared for everything." Though Rousey has made a career of finishing top fighters in violent fashion, Davis presents a tough challenge. A black belt in both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese Jujutsu, she is arguably the most skilled grappler Rousey has ever faced. Her Muay Thai background was also on full display during her dissection of Liz Carmouche in November. Davis said Rousey has never fought an opponent quite like her. "I feel like Im the most well-rounded fighter shes ever had to deal with," Davis said. "Im comfortable on my feet and Im also comfortable on the ground. "Im pretty much dangerous no matter what. Every single fight my Muay Thai gets better — dangerous kicks, dangerous strikes — along with the ground, as well. She hasnt fought a fighter with as many qualifications as I have. Either way, I think Im going to give her more of a challenge than shes ever had to face before." Davis said she plans to stun the MMA world. "(Fans) should expect complete chaos," Davis said. "Ronda has that style that brings out the best in me, where shes constantly adding pressure and on the attack. Its going to be a very fast-paced, non-stop fight." Morten Andersen Jersey . The alley-oop looked easy -- just like everything else after halftime for the Miami Heat. James scored 32 points, Wade added 22 points and eight assists, and the Heat trailed by 11 early in the second half before running away to a 107-88 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Craig Robertson Jersey . A receiver doesnt make the catch on a passing play and instantly motions to the ref – and everybody else – for a pass interference flag. http://www.cheapsaintsjerseyssale.com/?tag=willie-roaf-jersey-sale . - Tiger Woods only made it through 10 holes Thursday — this time because of the weather, not his back. TAMPA, Fla. -- Josh McCown is excited to have another opportunity to prove hes a No. 1 quarterback. The 34-year-old has been a backup for most of his career and will enter his 12th NFL season as a starter with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after signing a two-year, $10 million contract in free agency. The move reunites him with new Bucs coach Lovie Smith, who is overhauling a team that finished 4-12 in 2013, missing the playoffs for the sixth straight season. "I understand why people would say this is kind of surprising," McCown, whos joining his eighth team since entering the league as a third-round draft pick in 2002, said Thursday. "But in my familys world, this is kind of par for the course to have something relatively unusual happen," he added. "I really feel like I played my best ball last year and look forward to building on that." McCown, who turns 35 in July, started five games as a replacement for injured Chicago starter Jay Cutler last season, going 3-2 and finishing with 13 touchdown passes and one interception. Because he hasnt played a lot over a decade that includes stops with the Bears, Cardinals, Lions, Raiders, Dolphins, 49ers and Panthers, the Bucs are counting on his body being a lot fresher than most quarterbacks his age. McCown played under Smith for two of the three seasons the quarterback spent in Chicago. Both are confident what hes learned as a long-time backup will be beneficial in settling into a role ahead of second-year pro Mike Glennon, who started 13 games for Tampa Bay as a rookie. "Josh is exactly what youre looking for in a leader to get that 4-12 taste out of our mouths," Smith said. McCown was joined at a news conference by new starting left tackle Anthony Collins, who agreed Thursday to a fivee-year, $30 million contract. Josh Hill Jersey. The 28-year-old Collins replaces Donald Penn, who was released. Hes the sixth player to join the Bucs through free agency as Smith and new general manager Jason Licht reshape the roster. The team welcomed defensive end Michael Johnson, cornerback Alterraun Verner, defensive tackle Clinton McDonald and tight end Brandon Myers on Wednesday. "We talked a lot about defence (Wednesday), but (the NFLs) about scoring points," Smith said. "The game is more about offence these days. We feel like weve made strides." McCown started 13 games for the Cardinals in 2004, going 6-7 while throwing 11 TD passes and 10 interceptions. He was 2-7 in nine starts with the Raiders in 2007. Overall, hes 16-22 in 38 career starts. "The good thing is that Ive gone through an off-season as a starter when I was in Arizona, so I understand what comes with all those things," McCown said. Glennon was 4-9, taking over Tampa Bays offence after Josh Freeman struggled and subsequently was released. The third-round draft pick threw for 19 touchdowns and just nine interceptions as a rookie, but also was sacked 40 times while failing to demonstrate he was the teams clear-cut quarterback of the future. The signing of Collins, a part-time starter the past six seasons with Cincinnati, upgrades a porous offensive line that needs to do a better job protecting the quarterback. Like McCown, the 6-foot-7, 315-pound tackle is savoring the chance to show he can flourish as a full-time starter. "Im very ready," said Collins, who will step in for Penn, a 2011 Pro Bowl selection who had been scheduled to earn $7 million next season. "Patience is a virtue," Collins added. "Now is my time." Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz