Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

29.12.2018 07:11
by winning for the 93rd Antworten

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers arent just winning games this week. Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes Wholesale . They are making history. One night after Rajai Davis hit Detroits first game-ending grand slam in 10 years, Rick Porcello significantly raised the bar. In a 3-0 win over Oakland, Porcello became just the fourth pitcher in franchise history to throw a shutout without walking or striking out a batter, and the first since Dizzy Trout in 1944. Porcello was slightly disappointed by his 95-pitch outing, even after learning how rare it was. "In the last couple innings, I was hoping Id get at least one strikeout," he said. "I didnt want to go out there and put up a zero. Still, with a game like this, Im certainly not going to trade it in for anything." Porcello recorded 17 groundball outs and 10 in the air while becoming the first major-leaguer to accomplish the feat since Baltimores Jeff Ballard on Aug. 21, 1989. Porcello was eight months old when Ballard did it against Milwaukee. "To be honest, it was pretty boring out there," said Torii Hunter, who didnt record an out in right field. "But that just shows you how great he was tonight. He was throwing that sinker right down the middle, and it was dropping out of the strike zone, and they were just beating it into the ground." The As got three singles and a double, and only got one runner to third base. "Our guys were swinging at strikes, but everything was moving," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "Hes got a good sinker and a good change-up, and now hes mixing in a good breaking ball to keep you off balance. Thats just a very well-pitched game by him." Porcellos night might have been historic, but it certainly didnt come out of the blue. He pitched his first career shutout in his previous start, beating the Rangers on June 26, and pitched six shutout innings against Cleveland on June 20. "I dont want to jinx it," he joked when asked about his shutout streak. "All I know is that Im throwing the ball really well right now, Im making consistent pitches when I need them, and my defence is helping me out. Im also getting some good breaks, which every pitcher needs." Porcello (11-4) only had one career complete game before this stretch, but is now the first Tigers pitcher since Jack Morris to throw back-to-back shutouts. Morris threw three in a row in July, 1986. "Obviously, Rick is throwing the ball extremely well right now," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "He had a great curveball and changeup tonight, and the sinker was better than that. It makes my job a lot easier when the starter has only thrown 88 pitches through eight innings." Brad Mills (1-1) took the loss for Oakland, allowing three runs on six hits and three walks in six-plus innings. The Tigers took a 1-0 lead in the fourth when Miguel Cabrera walked, took third on J.D. Martinezs double and scored on a groundout by Hunter. Oakland, in the meantime, was becoming the latest team to struggle for answers against Porcello, managing only two hits in the first six innings. Martinez, starting for the second straight night while Victor Martinez deals with soreness in his left side, made it 3-0 with a two-run homer in the sixth. After moving into the everyday lineup in early June, J.D. Martinez is hitting .376 with seven homers and 20 RBIs in 19 games. "I threw him a change, and I think he was sitting on it," Mills said. "I certainly didnt locate it where I wanted it." After that, the only suspense was if Porcello could finish off the shutout, and do it with a double-digit pitch count. He accomplished both, becoming the first Tigers pitcher to throw a shutout in under 100 pitches since Armando Galarraga in 2010. That was the game Galarraga had to face an extra hitter after first base umpire Jim Joyce blew the call on what should have been the last out in a perfect game. NOTES: Victor Martinez took batting practice before the game, and told Ausmus that he could play, but Ausmus decided to rest him for another day. ... Tigers 3B Nick Castellanos took full advantage of his position in Detroits shifted defence, picking up a pair of 5-3 assists while playing in short right field. ... Oakland C Derek Norris is getting closer to returning from a sore back, and could play in Wednesdays series finale. ... The time of the game was 2:13, meaning that a 7:08 start ended less than 10 minutes after sunset. ... As OF Yoenis Cespedes sat out after leaving Mondays game with a cramp in his hamstring, but Melvin said he will be available on Wednesday. Cheap Air Max Online Australia . They showered him with "MVP! MVP!" chants. In many ways, it seemed like hed never been gone. Air Max Sale Australia . Summers has seen scant playing time with the Coyotes since being selected 29th overall by the club in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, having played in 47 career NHL games. http://www.cheapaustraliaairmax.com/ . The 2014 edition will be the ninth meeting between the Caps and Vikes in a tradition that dates back to 2005. "Since the original Whitecaps, the club has enjoyed fantastic support from fans in Victoria and all across Vancouver Island," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi.Phil Taylor won his 100th appearance at the World Matchplay to progress past Mervyn King in the quarter-finals. He will now meet Gary Anderson, who ground out a 16-13 win over Steve Beaton, in Saturdays semi-finals while Michael van Gerwen plays Adrian Lewis.The 15-time champion Taylor kept his hopes alive of another Blackpool title by winning for the 93rd time at the tournament with a 16-14 score-line against the unseeded King. Taylor gave his reaction after he came out on top of a tight tussle with Mervyn King Taylor was frequently battling for survival but sensationally put together a 10-dart leg and a 12-dart leg to break Kings throw and move 14-13 ahead.Finding his best form just as King sniffed a chance of an upset, Taylor kept his cool down the home-straight and held his throw to book a semi-final spot.I missed a few doubles and thats going to have to stop. Its nitty gritty time now, Taylor said afterwards. The pivotal leg that took Gary Anderson past Steve Beaton Later, Gary Anderson kept his pursuit of a first Matchplay title alive by edging out Steve Beaton in the last eight. Buy Nike Air Max Australia. The Bronzed Adonis was a crowd favourite but couldnt upset the current world No 2, who is aiming to add the Blackpool crown to back-to-back World Championships and a Premier League. Gary Anderson and Steve Beaton react to their game Anderson led by five legs at 9-4 but allowed Beaton, the 1996 world champion, to slowly reduce the deficit and eventually draw level at 12 apiece.The crucial moment arrived when Beaton, 14-12 behind, failed with three darts to check out from five. Anderson stole that leg and it carried him into the semi-finals. Also See: Sky Bets darts odds On Sky TV Schedule/Results Features Get Sky Sports Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz