Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Java
zxlbxj1 Offline

24.07.2018 09:58
Singles by Venable, Maybin and pinch Antworten

PARIS - Eugenie Bouchard raced into the French Open quarterfinals by beating eighth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany 6-1, 6-2 in 52 minutes on Sunday. The 18th-seeded Canadian wasted no time, opening up a 5-0 lead in just 16 minutes. The Montreal native, who reached the Australian Open semifinals this year, next plays either No. 14-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain or the unseeded Ajla Tomljanovic. They were playing later Sunday. "I just felt good out there, I executed my game plan really well, so Im happy with that," said Bouchard. "There are always things to improve, and Im just going to focus on that tomorrow and try to do even better my next match." Kerber, a quarter-finalist at Roland Garros two years ago, made a string of unforced errors and Bouchard broke for a 2-1 lead in the second set when Kerber returned long from the back of the court. Trailing 5-2, Kerber played with the strings of her racket as she hunched forward on her chair, her head bowed. Bouchard, by contrast, sat upright, taking a few deep breaths to compose herself before serving out the match. She clinched victory on her first match point when Kerber — a two-time Grand Slam semifinalist — made another unforced error, this time as her wild forehand sailed out. "Im confident and I really believe in my skills. I believe I can play with the best girls out there," Bouchard said. "Shes top 10, so I respect her. She can play some really good tennis. I was really mentally prepared for anything, for a battle." With the top three womens seeded players out, Maria Sharapova remains the favourite to win the tournament for the second time. The seventh-seeded Russian later played Samantha Stosur. Bouchard`s dominant victory over Kerber stretched her winning streak to nine straight matches — the longest of her career. And it lifted her career record against top 10 opponents to 5-10. Her victims this season have also included No.10 Sara Errani at Indian Wells in March and No.8 Jelen Jankovic last April in Charleston. Mens eighth seed Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., was attempting to join Bouchard in the last eight as he faced Spains Marcel Granollers. Raonic is the first Canadian man to play in the fourth round at Roland Garros. In mens fourth-round action later Sunday, second-seeded Novak Djokovic was playing No. 13-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga; fourth-seeded Roger Federer took on Ernests Gulbis; and sixth-seeded Tomas Berdych faced No. 10-seeded John Isner. There were two third-round matches remaining, with seventh-seeded Andy Murray and No. 28 Philipp Kohlschreiber deep into a fifth set, and No. 12-seeded Richard Gasquet up against Fernando Verdasco. --- With files from The Canadian Press Jeremiah Attaochu 49ers Jersey .Y. - Major League Soccer is prepared to start its season this weekend even if there isnt a labour deal with its referees and other on-field officials. Tarvarius Moore 49ers Jersey . Irving played 10 minutes Sunday night before going to the locker room. He had two points and four assists, missing all five of his shots. The All-Star game MVP is the top scorer among Eastern Conference point guards with 21. http://www.49ersfanaticproshop.com/jeric...ers-jersey/.500. The Jets have now won nine of their last 11, and five of their last six road games. With the win they moved to within two points of Vancouver in the west, the Canucks holding down the eighth spot. Vancouver lost in Boston, while the other big game saw Dallas win in Phoenix. Korey Toomer Jersey .com) - Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll knows about life in the NFL from other stints around the league. Jonathan Cooper 49ers Jersey . -- Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que. WASHINGTON -- Cameron Maybin didnt need to slide to make it safely into second base. He did it anyway, and in grandiose style. Welcome back to the majors, Mr. Maybin. Maybin contributed two hits as Ian Kennedy and the San Diego Padres celebrated the return of their centre fielder with a 4-2 victory over the Washington Nationals. Maybin ruptured his left biceps in spring training and missed the Padres first 25 games. He played 10 rehab games with Triple-A El Paso before his call-up on Sunday. The 27-year-old Maybin hit a shot down the third-base line in his first at-bat, sliding in with a double. "Its fun being back in the bigs, being out there with all these guys who I love playing with," Maybin said. "Ian pitched his butt off. Fun being behind a guy like that who can command the zone like he does." Command indeed. Kennedy (2-3) gave up three hits, struck out nine and walked none in seven innings. He retired 16 straight batters at one stretch. After giving up back-to-back doubles to Anthony Rendon and Jayson Werth in the first inning, Kennedy allowed only one more hit. Huston Street closed for his ninth save in nine chances. "First inning, youre kind of like a lot of pitchers, youre trying to feel whats going to work for that moment," Kennedy said. "I feel like I just got ahead of guys more often." Kennedy also received strong support in the field. First baseman Yonder Alonso made two outstanding plays and Will Venable robbed Werth of a potential extra-base hit with a diving catch in the right-field corner. "It kept fading away. I thought it was a double, for sure," Kennedy said. "As soon as he dove, extended, it was a beautiful play." It was reversal from Saturday when the Padres had as many errors (three) as hits in a 4-0 loss. "What a difference 24 hours makes," San Diego manager Bud Black said. "I liked the way our guys bounced back. They put yesterday behind them and we won a ballgame on the road against a good team." It was a tough day all around for Washington. Outfielder Bryce Harper was puut on the disabled list with a thumb sprain.dddddddddddd Starting pitcher Taylor Jordan woke up with a fever and laboured through four innings with low velocity. Ross Detwiler (0-1) and Aaron Barrett were ineffective in relief. "I dont know if its the flu or what," Nationals manager Matt Williams said of Jordan. "There was some question as to whether he would even start. Gave him a bag of fluids and he ate something this morning, but fastball velocity was way down, weak out there. So he gave us what he could today." Nate McLouth hit his first home run for the Nationals. Starting in left field for Harper, McLouth entered the game with an .097 batting average. Trailing 1-0 in the fourth, the Padres tied it when Chris Denorfia walked, Yasmani Grandal doubled and Jedd Gyorko had a sacrifice fly. The go-ahead run came an inning later off Detwiler as Everth Cabrera singled, stole second, advanced to third on a wild pitch and scored on Denorfias single. Singles by Venable, Maybin and pinch-hitter Nick Hundley loaded the bases in the sixth inning. After Barrett fanned Kennedy for the second out, he walked Cabrera on four pitches to force one run home and walked Denorfia on a 3-2 pitch. Afterward, it was time for the Padres to celebrate the win and Maybins return. "Hes obviously a very dynamic player, capable of doing everything well on the field," Denorfia said. "More than anything we really missed him in the clubhouse. Were really happy to have him back." NOTES: To make room for Maybin, the Padres sent pitcher Kevin Quackenbush to Triple-A El Paso. ... Nationals RHP Doug Fister made his first of two scheduled rehab starts at Single-A Potomac on Sunday, throwing 59 pitches, including 42 strikes. ... Washington will have days off before and after a two-game series at Houston that begins on Tuesday when LHP Gio Gonzalez (3-1, 3.00) faces RHP Jarred Cosart (1-2, 6.12). ... San Diego travels to San Francisco for a three-game series starting Monday with RHP Tyson Ross (2-3, 3.16) opposing LHP Madison Baumgarner (2-2, 3.14). Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China NFL Gear ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz